OUR HERITAGE: Annual Conference Sessions
The Conference returned to the combined Church/University campus for the merger from 1948 to 1969. Following standard practice, clergy typically met at Hamline Church and the lay delegates at the Field House. Ordinations, worship services and at least one dinner were held at the Church.
Among the highlights during those sessions was the 1958 ordination of Mary MacNicholl, the first woman in Minnesota to receive full clergy rights after the General Conference approval in 1956. The Rev. MacNicholl had been received as a deacon in 1950 and as an elder in 1952, also at Hamline Church.